Thursday, March 10, 2011

Reminder

I had to drop my nephew and sister-in-law at the airport early this morning. It was really a pain for my sisters and I to see them leave. Our little baby boy is EVERYONE'S DELIGHT. He is EVERYONE'S DARLING. He is OUR MOST FAVORITE PERSON, next to God and our parents. And to see his little hand wave a good bye was extremely difficult. I had to hold back my tears. I have a very close and personal relationship with my Buboy.

When they left, the house became quiet, especially because he is the noise-maker. He wakes me up with the noises he makes at 9 in the morning when he plays with his toys. Although I try very hard to go back to sleep, I could not because he is one persistent lad, persuading me to get up from my bed because the only viand left is egg because he has devoured the fish, bread and fruit juice. So you see, he has his ways and I'm ALWAYS left with no choice. Despite his being like that (I say that in a good way), he also throws tantrums every now and then, especially when I don't understand the message he's trying to convey. For one instance, he was telling me 'pam-pam', and I was really trying hard to make out its meaning for a good five minutes but I ccould not. It turned out he wanted to go watch Spongebob. 
It'll be another month before I get to see him again. For the time being, I content myself with SMELLING (not gross at all) the clothes he has left behind, watching the videos I have documented from his almost two-month stay, and looking at some doodles he scribbled on the the walls. His tiny slippers are also a good reminder of how truly blessed the family is for his presence.

Prince Amos is also a teacher at his tender age. He taught me a lot of things. When I shout at my older sister for some reason, he gives me the strangest look, as if telling me that what I did was completely WRONG. He says with his most adoring voice, "Wag sigaw (Don't shout)" or "Wag ayaw (Don't quarrel)". When I cuss in our native dialect because of excitement or anger, he tells us yet again, "Hala, bad man yan! (That's bad)" All these words are more than enough to make me feel guilty that I had to be corrected by a three-year-old child. I don't know why it takes a young child to remind me yet again the importance of manners, humility, and courteousness. I am very much humbled by his innocence and love.

For all the good things that have come and will still be coming my way, he is, by far, the BEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment