Friday, January 28, 2011

One: Lose

Death is inevitable. It's part of our lives. Someone loses someone in a blink of a second. A child dies from Malaria in South Africa, a man loses his son whilst at work because of faulty wiring, a doctor in Singapore proclaims a patient D.O.A from stray bullet, and here in the Philippines, eleven construction workers die from fall in a construction site. You see, wherever in the world we may be, a lose is sure to happen.

One of my closest friends is in pain. Her migraine, along with other physical sorrow, troubles her. Her fever shoots up to 40-degree Celsius. Her parents are worried. Everyone is.
Ever since the day she's told  me something was seriously bothering her, I forced myself to dismiss it as something that will also pass by. Our friendship has weathered almost everything-- distance, communication, and the lack of personal visits (which is vital in every relationship). I have nothing but faith that she'll  be healed of whatsoever. 
I've known her as a selfless, forgiving, very helpful, and amazing individual. God has given me so much by letting me have the pleasure of becoming her friend. And she deserves NONE of these. I could never bear to know she's in great pain, let alone lose her. Not now, please. We have made plans together-- visit places, eat this/that, buy this/that, etc-- and we are yet to fulfill them. She's my biggest supporter, or fan. And I'm hers. I root for her in things I know she's good at. She's encourage me to try new things. We're very awesome at cheering for one another. ;
So, Heavens, just this one time, please no.

I know God has bigger plans for making things happen the way they are. And we could only hope for the best. Faith is believing that things will turn out OK. This is me fervently BELIEVING that God won't let anything happen to her or to anyone, wherever, whoever they may be.
If I were to lose something/one, let it be my worries or anything close to that. But please, let me just keep my friend for a couple more years so we can laugh at the silliest thing... This is me BEGGING. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment