Monday, September 26, 2011

Seventieth: Homebody

I've realized how boring my life MIGHT be. Is it my fault that I prefer reading books and eating good food over a night out in a bar? Is it wrong to decline invitations of friends to go see a movie then chill out after (and by chill, they meant booze after booze)? Really, I'm just a homebody at heart. My days off from work meant sprawled up on the sofa while catching up with my favorite T.V. shows or cooking dishes only I would have the guts to eat. I basically content myself with all stuff you can just do at the comforts of your home. BUT then it hit me, am I really missing out on something by choosing to stay home? I hope not. I guess not, because I have close friends who are pretty much like me. Oh dear life, I know there's more to you outside the four corners of my room, but you would know how tempting my bed is after a tiring week at work.
So just today because I thought I'd wanted to unleash the "fun" side of me, I sent my best friend, Anne, a message. I challenged her, too, to go out with me on days when we're both free. We'd drive to nearby city-- sounds like an adventure, or  have picnic on green grasses while munching on sweet corns (must do).
My mama would always say that the secret to  living a happy life is to live in contentment. I am, honestly, contented with the things I have, with the people in my life,  with my job, and with how I spend my living days. I will be a forever homebody, and I don't see anything wrong with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment