Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hundredth-eighth: RIP

There are days you wake up thinking life's just going to be the same; but it never is and will never be. You go through the day nonchalantly because you do the same routine. Today was an exception though. I never thought you'd be gone too soon. I was gunning you to be around longer than expected because you were fighting for your life in every single way that you possibly could. Your family was doing the same thing as well.
So today I drove to work thinking it's going to be just another day at work. Another patient to render care to, another person fighting for survival. And that early morning news tore my heart into pieces. I couldn't breathe for a moment, while people around me were busily doing their chores. They had to race for time because so much has yet to be done. And there I sat, letting the news sink in. I couldn't believe it. You could say I got a little too attached to you and your relatives. I have learned to like them, to accept and to listen to their every rant and words of appreciation. I found myself praying for your speedy recovery. Your were gone too soon when other people were also fighting with you in your battle.
I hope you lead a life of no regrets but only lessons learned. It's about time you rest, sir. He knows you've fought enough and He had to take the worries and sufferings away because they're eating you up. When I see your relatives again, I'll smile and think of you and only the good memories I've had with you. Thank you for letting me serve you.
Rest in peace, E.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment