Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stories to Tell

I slept really late last night yet I woke up early because the shrill of my nephew was too sharp that even two pillows cannot conceal it, but hey I'm not complaining because this morning is too good to start the day with such.
Last night was a merriment of different sorts. We feasted on cake and pastries while reminiscing about our childhood among my not-so-little cousins and sisters. Our laughter was all over the house that those already asleep had no choice but to join our fun conversation. We were loud because everyone had a say on things. We all had stories  to tell. One moment we were talking about  life in my maternal's ancestral home in Cadiz, then we were shuddering in total disbelief as how some of our cousins turned out to be. A topic also discussed was how each of our parents raised us-- most were strict and only a few were lenient.
Time flies by so fast that I wish I had the power to stop it. I want them to stay longer because there are so many stories to catch up on and so many things we could do especially on a summertime but so little time because work gets in the way. :/
Thank You, Lord, for times well spent with my family. They define and complete me. They leave me in awe, which leans more on the good side. They make me forget my worries. The world is brighter and even more fulfilling. Father, help me be a good example to my cousins.
*I cannot believe I have been gone so long from home. I've been living away from my hometown for seven years now. I've missed out on A LOT-- the time I could have spent with my parents, nephew, cousins and elders, the things I could have done with my friends, and the memories I could have made with them-- and sometimes all these make me sad. I made a choice of moving away from them when I decided to study in a different city. I met and made friends, yet I feel like a huge  part of my identity was starting to fade, and now it remains distant and vague. I find myself questioning my choice-- was it worth it? I know there will always be two answers on that, a yes and a no. And sometimes I have to settle with whatever's on my plate because wallowing on a spilled milk is a  notch lower than crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment