Sunday, March 15, 2020

I Miss You

I miss you, Mama!

On an easy Sunday afternoon like today, you come to mind. I think about the many memories we've made together, like calling you on the phone and talking for hours endlessly. I hear you laugh on the background and then utter words of comfort and assurance when I feel things are bad in my side of the world.
It is still hard to believe you are really no longer here and that whatever I do I cannot just bring you to life again. It is very difficult to move on because I still hang onto the memories of the distant past. :( 

**Your loss was major and so profound. I felt like life turned to a stop, like nothing else mattered. It was very painful and upsetting. Everyone in the family was scared to lose you because you held the family together-- your opinion was the most important. 

Now, I acknowledge my grief is entirely my own. I determine the time when to 'move on' or 'get over it'. I will allow myself to fully experience the process of grief as they come up; and hopefully one day, I can smile and embrace life the way I did when you were still alive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment