Saturday, March 28, 2020

I'm a Plant Mama

I've always been fond of plants, flowers, trees, shrubs, and the like. Since moving here, I try to grow my plants, making sure they last through the four seasons. I give them my tender loving care 100 percent, especially because they can be a bit costly. Now that quarantine is upon me, my plants provide me a good distraction. It's completely fun seeing green scattered all over my home.


I've started propagating my Monstera plant for over eight weeks now and decided it's high time to repot it

my Dwarf Umbrella plant, which is a meticulous one :( everyday one or two leaves discolor and eventually die; on sunny days, I put them outside under a shade for some bright, indirect sunshine


my Devil's Ivy/Golden Pothos, or Scindapsus likes bright, indirect light :) it is actually included in NASA's top 10 most air-purifying plant; also this proves to be the easiest, fuss-free plant I've had the pleasure of caring
my Kalanchoe plant which blooms white flowers (it's pretty fussy as it requires plenty of light and winter provides long gloomy days); also avoid wetting its leaves

my Poinsettia plant which has been with me since the beginning of winter; it's sprouting and thriving

after a few weeks of trying to water propagate this spider plant (which was already showing signs of new roots), some of the roots broke off from the main one, hence I decided to plant it in soil hoping it'll continue to thrive
I'm growing my spring onions in water. I've already harvested two batches, and now I decided to plant them in soil. *see photo below
           
this plant with beautiful shades of white, green, and cream is called dieffenbachia, or dumb cane :) it's easily the most popular indoor plant + it's actually an air purifier plant
Wishing you all a safe and fun quarantine period! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment