Thursday, April 23, 2020

Good Morning

April 23, 9 AM

Today, I woke up feeling extra thankful for a good night's rest. There were many reasons to be grateful--for my husband sleeping so soundly beside me in a cold quiet morning and a beautiful dream of my mother last night, these amongst many others. I went out of the room, lit a candle and said a prayer of gratitude, and slowly started to plan today's activities. Of course, I began my day with a hot cup of coffee with chocolate milk. I chopped the ingredients for my egg omelette. I cooked our breakfast while occasionally staring blankly at the kitchen walls. 
I hope that as the day progresses, whether it gets productive or not, I will learn to pause and appreciate the moment for what it is--present and fleeting.
I wish you all a happy, peaceful morning, wherever in the world you may be. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment