Saturday, April 23, 2011

For the last six days, since Palm Sunday, I have had the chance to spend my time in solitude and reflection. I don't really get to do this because I am tied up with work  BUT there's absolutely NO reason to not be able to reconnect with Jesus' as He goes through His journey of pain, suffering, and resurrection.

Early today, I went to do the Station of the Cross with my sister and friends. It was an experience that brought back so much memories of anguish. I have been very undeserving of Jesus's love. I say that with passion because it's true and I could not understand how someone of divine and human existence would want to put His life in the line to give me a chance to live a life of renewed faith and beautiful beginning.
With each prayer I said, I always picture Christ drenched in blood, with tattered garments while trying to make His way onto a rude and mocking crowd. Mother Mary and a few of His loyal supporters and friends were there and they could not even do anything to save Christ from His pitiful state. I felt really really bad. No words can ever describe the feeling I had then.

It will take a long time and a huge amount of constant effort and dedication to get where the saints are. I will have to ALWAYS say no to temptations, sometimes presenting themselves in gold or red ribbon, that lurk around the corner. It's scary how everyone is vulnerable! :/

This Holy Week, I am sure that everyone would like to have their weary faith revived. And as Easter Sunday approaches, I am assured that TIME AND AGAIN, I am, despite my sins and transgressions, worthy of Jesus's love.

THANK YOU, LORD, FOR GIVING US YOUR ONLY BEGOTTEN SON!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment