Monday, April 18, 2011

I just have to rant, to let these out in my system! :( So, I just called our department's local number and I found out I am to report for my 12-hour duty tonight, this after going on duty on the same day. :(
A five-or-six-hours of sleep WON'T SUFFICE!! Clearly, it doesn't! Who goes to work like this?! Me, that's for sure. I get it, we are understaffed, which is exactly the number one reason why the hospital should hire more nurses so rest won't  get in the line of those who are SUPPOSED to have one.

This isn't really about the pay I'm going to get (that being the positive note of the issue, as what my friends say), because that doesn't really compensate. We can never have our rest days back, can we? And sleep is really precious, ergo, the most BASIC and FUNDAMENTAL thing in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.
I just really hope that heaven will look upon me with mercy and give me an uncomplicated patients' load because that will really help.

No comments:

Post a Comment