Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Forty-sixth: Relationships

I think everyone should write WHEN they feel like it, and not because one has to do so. It makes all the difference. When I'm lost in the moment and I want to eternally capture it, I try by putting it into writing-- that way, I can read and ponder every now and then (when I want to).
Today has been very very wonderful. I always run out of words to describe how incredibly blessed I am for the opportunity. It is not everyday that I get to personally know my coworkers from the hospital. We don't have the same schedule and time hasn't been a luxury to us; but the need to foster strength and good, harmonious relationship amongst us is  great. It has to be given an utmost importance because it's the fundamental drive for any relationship to work.
My coworkers have various and distinct personalities. It amazes me how we all blend in and adapt with one another. It's really true that a work doesn't feel like one when you're in good company. I do not speak for any of my coworkers but when work is taking over my life, I pause and think how we're all on the same boat (HAHAHA).
Our head supervisor approved our request for a group outing. It  was so much fun!!! :) I saw my coworkers in a different light, that of outside the walls of the hospital's station. Everyone exerted effort for our outing to be a success. We had silly games. We sang to our heart's delight. MANY were HELPLESSLY thrown into the pool.  Girls had so much stories shared. Alcoholic drinks were passed on from one to the other. Pictures were snapped. Laughter was everywhere. It was contagious. Everyone was so happy!!! :)
I wish we could do this, at least in a month or two.

And just a moment ago, I had the sudden urge to cry because I missed my brother whom I haven't seen for a year now. I remember being so afraid of him when we were still kids. He was our eldest and he exudes this natural aura of physical strength. I was so scared of displeasing him because that meant more intense pillow fights and a ban from watching TV inside his room. During weekdays of our elementary and high school years, Mama NEVER allowed us to open the TV even if we were done doing our homework. We were to sleep right on,  without fail. But my sister, Karen, and I were stubborn enough to disobey her because WE HAD TO see our FAVORITE show then, Monica Brava. And everyday after school, we dishearteningly give up our savings of PhP10 so we can go see the show at kuya's room. He made money out of us, we thought. At his age then, he was wise and tricky! Looking back now, the memories make me cringe and smile. He may not be too keen and vocal on his feelings but I know he loves us beyond words and more than any person outside my immediate familial thread could.
He has taken a bold step when he chose to take full responsibilities for his action. That was three years ago, but the sense of maturity has been continually fostered.
Happy happy birthday and Father's Day to a brother whom I will fight tooth and nail for, not so because we're related, but because deep down, you have an amazing heart. You silently love us in your own odd ways. I pray that you be given peace of mind and the determination and inner power to stay away from your vices. Because I can't just give up on people--  especially when they mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment