Sunday, October 9, 2011

Seventy-second: Grey sky mornings

Only a little light is coming out from my almost-dark-pink curtain. It feels as if it's always sundown. At this time of the year, the nights are getting longer, so that makes it almost impossible to get up from bed. I find myself snoozing the alarm every ten minutes or so. Then I wake up and come to my full senses because had I slept around for another minute, I wouldn't be able  to come to work on time. It has been that way lately-- struggling to wake up and face the day with so much stuff to do but with more than enough willingness to go through them. Thank you, Lord.
Don't get me wrong, October is a good month. I like it.
It's a little over 7 in the morning, and the sun isn't even out. The sky is grey, as if rain is here  to come. I try to gather my thoughts, because honestly, there's a lot and I just want to keep writing them down until my brain says enough.
Work is good. Whereas before I usually hear myself ranting, now all seems a tad better. It doesn't feel like I'm obliged to finish my eight-hour shift (sometimes extending to twelve). I love the company I'm in and the nice feeling I get after work. Through all these, God is my strength and refuge-- constantly reminding me to take tasks one at a time. I am only human and trying to get things done altogether never really works. For a time, yes, but that only leaves me tired and breathless.
I had a minor falling out with a co-worker. I think he's rude. His words and actions were inappropriate. But who am I kidding when I tried to make things even with him? He doesn't really care. He'd still do the same things again and again. I realized how unnecessary my speaking up against him was. But at that time, I had to do it. I could never bear it in me to have someone look down on me, as  if he's all-knowing when clearly he isn't. Now, everything's a blur as I try to put that behind me.

I totally hate it when I have to stop in the middle of writing. I'd get back on this in a short  while.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment