Saturday, November 26, 2011

Eighty-third: Pinch-worthy arms

The song goes, "I've got it from my momma." Funny how that line's stuck in my mind. I miss my Mama very much. There are days I find myself awake in the middle of the night wishing we were lying together on the bed, in the same room. There's a feeling of security when I'm with my best friend and mother. When I'm sick and in distress, I wallow in self-pity and send her numerous text messages saying how I'd get better when she'd take the first flight the next morning. Of course, that's almost impossible. If I feel like ranting, there's no better person to turn to than mama. There's no fear of judgment. I say what I want when I want to and she'll just listen. :)
I fear the times and days we spent apart are so long. There are so many things I would want to do with her. There are so many words left unsaid and stories left untold. But I worry not, she knows I will ALWAYS have her back as she is with mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment