Saturday, November 19, 2011

Seventy-ninth: Camaraderie

It's really a breeze working with the people who make you laugh even when you're caught in a dire situation at work. Today, I had eleven patients, three of whom are with IV fluid (IT'S A MIRACLE!!! HURRAY!!!), and another two that require close attention because of their diagnosis and patient care. The "fun" part was I had my admission at past six in the evening and was due for a STAT O.R by 8. I found myself running up and down the stairs getting my materials ready for IV insertion, preparing my medications, and looking for a surgical intern. My other patients were looking for me because of some concerns. This is when camaraderie among coworkers comes in. Had that essential part been absent, I would not have made it. My coworker attended my patient even without me asking. Half of my job was accomplished. I was told to focus and do things one at a time. The busy hours were over. We were now laughing over some silly inside jokes while eating a local delicacy. 
I personally believe that if God sends me into a stormy situation, He then makes up for it the next day, for there is ALWAYS light and hope. I may have found myself overwhelmed with patients' care yesterday, but tomorrow is going to be better. It always does. His grace and goodness provides for me. The people I work with is an evidence of that sufficient grace.
I remind myself to pay ALL good things done to me forward. How else can a difficult job be done? 

*Lord, Your goodness is seen through the care of others. I pray I may always be given humility to ask for help when one is needed because I can only take so much. I pray, too, that I may be generous of my time and whatever talent and help I can offer to my coworkers.


No comments:

Post a Comment