Sunday, November 6, 2011

Seventy-seventh: Hi!

How do you stop yourself from being so consumed at the moment, it'll scare you when it ends? When do say enough? What do you do? How will it feel? Will words ever be sufficient to console you?
Life is full of ironies-- when you're out having fun with your friends after a hard day's work, it pours heavily and your spirit is dampened; when your parents are in town for a short visit, you find yourself swamped with work; when you have a flight to catch, the traffic gets in the way; when you suppress your feelings, it eats you.
How can I not like you? You're wise beyond your age. You set before my eyes the realities in life. Pretension is your enemy and humility is your ally. You do not bore me. I laugh loud and hard when you throw in occasional silly banters. I do not despise you despite your incessant teasing. I look forward to seeing you. Your thoughts amaze me. All thhese scare me. How do I stop myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment