Wednesday, October 3, 2012

:)

Waking up on the second day of our trip was very hard. We had our alarm clocks set at 4:30 AM so we could arrive in our destination, Iligan, early. Yes, my friends, we failed. We woke up at 5:45 instead and we barely had time for breakfast. From Casa Isabella, we walked three blocks to ride a jeepney bound for Bulua Bus Terminal (jeep fare: PhP7). The bus ride took 1.5- 2 hours, as most of the roads were under repair. We opted to ride the Super Five because it was non-stop trip. Both Rural Transit and Super Five had the same fare, PhP85. The trip was fast and smooth. I tell you, I slept the entire time. :p
*the road leading to NPC Park, where the mighty & famous Maria Cristina Falls is located

*taken from inside a moving vehicle... Sooo beautiful! You have to see this in person! @_@
*Why do I find this beautiful?
*The place was packed with little toddlers going on a school trip with their parents. So cute how they kept asking questions about almost everything. :p
*If this were the current from where we've had our rafting, I swear we would have died! 
*Presenting the famous Tinago Falls. These pictures do not even do justice to its beauty and magnificence when seen in person.
*The water was so cold!!!
*Hi partner! 
*So pretty!!! I wish we had this here. God is sooo kind He gave us this to see and experience. :)
*I have this for an evidence. We had to walk our butts around these steep and slippery rocks to get to some certain heights or get a nicer shot of ourselves. :p
*Diving at this height has got to be the scariest and bravest that I ever did. It's on the top of my list now, I kid you not! My knees were literally shaking. I don't know what made me finally do it. But boy am I happy!
*Me: Are you sure it's safe? Will I not die?
Tips:
- From the NPC Park to Tinago Falls, we opted to ride a motorcycle or habal-habal as it is convenient and can weather the rough roads leading to the latter. We paid PhP100 each and the price is just right, as the trip is very far.
- Get a guide that will obviously guide you on your way to the falls proper. The guides are savvy, helpful, funny, and very kind. You can pay them any amount, but PhP100 will do.
- Once you're done registering your name at their tourist book, they expect a donation. Drop a small bill. They will also collect PhP20 if you decide to rent a life vest.
- The walk is long (385 steps before reaching the very beautiful waters of the falls) and the trip is longer. Canteen or small sari-sari stores cannot be found anywhere near the vicinity. Bring your own food and make sure to dispose ALL your rubbish accordingly.
- Bathe and enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Pwede na mahimong Travel blogger! Nice one Tin.. I love the way you relate your experiences. Maau pa ka, you have been to these falls, ako wala pa.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys did enjoy the trip! :) sorry i missed it. but we shall go back with bata ofcourse! :)

    ReplyDelete