Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our Own Personal Struggle

I believe everyone will agree when I say that we're all sometimes misunderstood, at one point or the other, whether in the thoughts that we say out loud, our actions that people mistake for something, our self-expression through the way we dress ourselves, our choices of food, beverages, and even book, and most especially, the people we choose to hang-out with. These and more are misunderstood and we can only do so much to refute people's  opinions  or allegations. Sometimes, I get to a point where I think it's tiring, senseless and worse, futile. 
When I feel I am, I look up to some people, who, despite their fame and success, still struggle to fight or overcome the feeling. A star like Lady Gaga, who is oddly weird in her fashion statements (OK, I'm passing judgment here, SORRY), also feels this. (Watch video  below)

Yes, we all feel like losers sometimes. THERE IS NO DENYING THAT. It takes me a day or two to get over any feeling similar to this. I acknowledge MY feeling and the situation. I refuse to go out. I keep it to myself, first. I allow myself to cry. Then, I rise above it. Where else would a person who's down go but up?
Yes, I may be misunderstood in ways more than one but I know myself better than anyone else. I embrace the diversity I have from that of others. I do not even try to push others to have the same conviction that I hold.


For Lady Gaga to share her emotions with the entire world takes so much strength and the need to help and encourage others to triumph over the situation.


**No, I feel great at the moment. I just wanted to get her message across for everyone who's at this state of personal melancholy. It's nice to know that whenever I feel sad, I pause and think, HEY I'M NOT ALONE. Hundreds of thousands of teenagers, adults, and elderly from all over the world also feel lonely. And sometimes,  I am comforted with that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment