Wednesday, September 12, 2012

9/11

I'm currently reading and browsing through all stories, entries, and pictures of the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. It's been more than ten years and although I haven't been personally affected by the terror and violence, but the fact that hundreds of innocent lives were taken is enough to stir anger within me.
It's so sad that these terrorists had to resort to such gruesome act. What did they have to prove? Did it really  get their points across? Sure, they had the attention they wanted from millions of people all over the world, but they never had our sympathy. Ever.
I know the face of terrorism because I have lived in a city where bombs, kidnappings, and shootings were part of our everyday lives. I vividly remember being in school when a bomb blasted just beside our school. I was 15 then. Students and teachers were running everywhere. We were all crying and scared. I couldn't get hold of my sisters and brother. I didn't know how to contact my parents. I knew we were in serious danger. And in that moment, we were all vulnerable, like these sick terrorists could just pull the string, and we'd go running like headless chickens-- wherever we may go, we weren't safe. And for these terrorists to say that all these were part of a religious calling, I say FUCK YOU. You do not call these a calling, because violence was, is and will never be an answer. YOU ARE SICK!
When the most powerful of all nations was attacked by terrorists, every person in the world was one with them in their grief. No words can ever comfort a nation that has been under a great stress. We could all only hope for the best. Vigilance is the key. We must all get angry because terrorism is a worldwide issue afflicting even the most innocent child. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment