Monday, September 10, 2012

Show No Mercy: Joseph Aquino

I chanced upon his name when I was looking for beautiful beaches in Cebu to spend my days off from work. I was horrified, angry and absolutely disgusted! WHO DOES THIS?! I am a nurse, and while caring for young and elderly ill patients alike take so much patience and strength, it has never ever crossed my mind to show violence towards them. It is really appalling! Whatever gave him the right? The elderly was entrusted to his care, and whether or not the presence of hidden surveillance cameras, he should have done otherwise. Always.
People may say poverty has led him to this, but whatever reason he has, it does not justify his action. Choosing to be a caregiver meant many long days and nights of fatigue. It comes with the job, obviously. And when the going gets tough, we must not get rough.
And to say you are a Filipino makes it even more disgusting. It's so sad because you have to be the one to bring shame to the Filipino community. Everyone could only wish this was a horrible nightmare, and tomorrow, the internet bears no record of his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment