Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hello!

I can't believe it's been over a year since I've last seen my high school friends! It's starting to actually sound ridiculous for we live in one country, but has never found the time to hang out with each other. My friends, that is possible. I'm so glad I finally took this long vacation. Seeing old (likewise new) faces brings a lot of fun memories.
The friends I've made in high school are the people I've missed the most. High school was the best! I see one friend and remember how we've used to laugh together or cram after lunch because of an upcoming Trigonometry quiz. I see another and remember sharing stories in a big field just at the back of our school over green mangoes and salt. I see a group and remember how we were so tempted to skip our cleaning errands after class so we could hang with the others and talk about the day. Last night, over starry sky and a quiet space away from the crowd, we reminisced about the days that's been. We had our favorite and least favorite teachers and how their subjects affected us. Practical Arts, Algebra, Trigonometry were among the worst subject we don't seem to get amidst our efforts. We talked about people, places, and ideas. So much has changed. I was even asked to pay for a "guest fee" for our school's centennial celebration. It was crazy! I've been with the same school since my preparatory days until the last four years of my high school. I am now back to being a tourist at a place I once called my only home.
For the few remaining days I have in town, I plan to get back to my roots and reconnect with friends and family. I cannot wait to see everyone. Thank You, Lord, for this wonderful chance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment