Thursday, December 27, 2012

I'm 25.

I'm a quarter-of-a-century old, and I never thought I'd see the day I'd reach this age. I was only 15 then, thinking 25 was too far and those with that age were too old. Look at me now, wrinkles around my eyes and my body laden with unwanted subcutaneous fats, but then I'm happy. :) I used to not want to talk about my age especially around the younger ones because that made me feel old, and then I thought to myself: Where's the beauty and grace in ageing when I refuse to acknowledge it? They say life begins when you're 40, and I'm nowhere near that so that doesn't really make me old. ;)
Looking back to the year that has been, I am very thankful for the blessings given to me, the wonderful people around me, the lessons I've learned, and the wisdom I've acquired. Those people that greeted me (even without Facebook reminding them) made me feel so grateful. I was overwhelmed with greetings and well wishes. I must have done something right to deserve all the love I'm receiving.
There are still so many things I'd like to improve on. I'm keeping a mental note on those so the next time I turn 26, I'd tell myself I've gone a long way. :)

1 comment:

  1. Tina, hope you had a great and wonderful birthday! Wishing you all the best! Let's celebrate it once again when I'll be there, SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete