Saturday, December 22, 2012

The shooting of 27 innocent children and adults in Connecticut must have been the most devastating news for the year. I have been drowning my computer screen with information and testimonials from those present during the shootout since the time the news broke out, and I still can't help but shed some tears. I am so blessed to be alive. It could have happened to me. It could have happened to my equally innocent little nephew or cousins. That could have been my hometown. But alas, it was not, and what better eyeopener to remind me to thank God for another day.
My heart goes out to every innocent children, mother, and teacher killed. The suspect still deserves attention AND our forgiveness. We owe him that despite everything that has happened. He may, after all, also be a victim. Even Jesus said, "My Lord, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing." Who are we then to deny him that?
Let's say our prayers of thanks and eternal repose of their souls. There are a lot of things to be thankful for, as there are also a lot of things to be sorry for. Let's start making a list, maybe then we'd see how very blessed we are.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this is really a bad, bad news. We watched the developing news featured in CNN. I am so disheartened by this event, and I feel very sad for the innocent victims. :(

    ReplyDelete