Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ninety-two: Inconvenience

Some people don't have respect for another person's time. It's as if they walked out of the house with the value for punctuality shelved out-- and to do that equates with not having the most important meal of the day. It leaves you dumb and you function less. As if waking up at 4 AM isn't bad at all, something even worse happens. I had to wait for another half an hour for the receiving employee to come so I can endorse the care of my patients. And then she walked into the station, had the guts to waste another good ten minutes to comb her hair and tidy herself up, and not even saying a single word of apology. Who does that? My eyes can barely keep themselves open from too much fatigue and my stomach is making all those funny noises because of hunger. I hope you know how tiring it is. You came and asked me several irrelevant questions and I answered them to give the both of us peace of mind. I wanted to scream at you to remind you to come earlier than the scheduled time so we can have a proper turnover of care. Is that really hard on your part when you live five-minutes away from the hospital? I don't think I'm asking too much because that should come easily and naturally. I would do that because I'd hate putting a person into any inconvenience. I wish you could do the same especially because this is the line of profession you chose. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment