Thursday, August 2, 2012

To: Bata :)

I'm home after a short night-out with friends. Yani, a very dear friend, or more like a sister to me, is leaving tomorrow. And that's only hours from now, eleven to say the most. I've been holding back my tears ever since that bus ride on our way home from Mantalungon. She finally got her visa approved, and it takes her two weeks to get everything ready before her departure. It pains all of us, most especially for her family, I suppose. She's leaving us. That really hurts because you could just imagine our closeness. She is family. My heart is aching, as I type. Pretty soon, these tears will flow. I'm glad my room is dark enough to conceal my eyes. I hugged her tight early on. We were crying. Her leaving us for a brighter tomorrow (I kid you not) is a big bold step anyone in our group could make. She has dared, and soon we will take her lead. It's sad, but we're also very happy because wonderful opportunities await her. Our baby is now a lady! We are proud friends! :)
*May 2010
*April 2010
*February 2010
*March 2010
*June 2008
*June 2009
*Feb 2010
*April 2009
*July 2008
*April 2008
*December 2010
Bats,
You know, looking at all these photos, I've realized I've had my many firsts with you-- the first time we danced very awkwardly in a club; the first time we've had a taste of alchohol, and almost instantly we find ways to vomit what we've consumed; the first time we've traveled out of town and being thankful we have each other; the first time we've crush on the same guy, then we snooped over his Friendster because a lot of his personal information were written all over and then we gush thereafter every single time; and most of all, the first time we sat together, and deciding instantaneously that we didn't like each other, all because I wouldn't share my homework. I can make the list go on, actually. :) Now that you're taking your time to grow by moving outside the country, I've also realized how much I would want to do more firsts and lasts with you.
Our friendship means a lot to me. I guess Anne and Choi could say the same thing. You are our baby, because you do not feign innocence where it warrants. You do not take sides, and you find ways to correct a misunderstanding between or among us. And that's really cute! :)
Know that however long it takes for us to see each other again, the memories we've made together will suffice until then. I know it will come sooner. I cannot wait! :)
So go out, have fun, climb another mountain (I hope this time the view is even more beautiful than our last trek), meet new friends, achieve your dreams, and then come meet us, wherever in the world we may be. :)
You leave later. I will cry. But I know you will be in good hands.
I love you so much, sister-from-another-mother!!! :*
Yours always,
Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment