Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fiftieth: Hold Your Tongue!

Yesterday, during the afternoon nursing rounds, I've witness an obvious abuse of power and authority when one of my senior coworkers shouted at another employee for an innocent mistake. I personally think that bashing a person in front of a crowd when you can just talk gently, if not in a civilized way, is like adding salt to a wound. I'm not saying that the mistake done shouldn't be corrected. My point here is that there are BETTER ways of handling the situation. How can you call yourself a professional when your manner of speaking shows otherwise? You shout like you hail from the slums. Que horor!
I feel for those whose voices aren't heard. I feel for those who can't voice out their thoughts mainly because of fear. I have felt that way many times, too. These people who act way too superior are pathetic! It's as if you always have to please them to get on their good grace. It's a pity how they think they're the darling of the crowd!
If telling my thoughts out loud is a crime, shoot me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment