Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sixty-fourth: Psyched

I am being completely honest when I say that I'm very possessive of the friends I've made over the years. Sure there are a number of people you call friends, mostly because you share the same interests and hobbies as them. I can only name a few friends whom I look forward to seeing every chance I could get. I met two of these people when colorful hard candies and pollypockets were the coolest thing to own way back in grade school, circa 90s. We were so close that it was hard for one to go out without the other, and by out I meant recess or Friday activities (tree planting, volleyball, etc). We sadly drifted apart in high school because we all got into different classes, but the friendship we've had has always been so special to me. I guess it's mainly because GS days were our formative years and a good chunk of my memory consisted of the times we were happily making one.
Van is a smart and silent girl. We were total opposites. I'd laugh hard and loud  even in front of a crowd, but she'd meekly cover her mouth and suppress the laughter instead. I don't think a lot of people know the history behind our closeness. I get giddy when we were together! Plus, I used to tease her with R so much that she'd almost always throw a punch my way! Come high school, the times we spent together lessened. I'd see her with new friends but that didn't really hurt me because our bond was UNBREAKABLE! Hah, top that!
Race came into the picture during our fourth grade. She was this pretty, dark-skinned girl who was so shy to make new friends. I don't know how exactly we got her into our circle but we spent our lunch and breaks together since then.
The last two days with them was great! You could just imagine how psyched I am to see them both after six long years! I don't know what took us that long to see each other-- maybe time, distance or because we got into different universities for college-- but it was sheer joy reminiscing over the good old days. We had long walks in the park where I took them right after our dinner. We kept laughing. We traded secrets. We were literally  making up for the lost years. Gawd, that felt good!
I wrote them both a letter before they left, and I asked them to save up so we can travel together to some place where music fills the air and our laughter will blend so harmoniously with it. Nothing like a friendship tested and made strong with time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment