Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sixty-third: Of Warm Gestures and Wide Smiles...

I'm up and I can't tell you how much inner strength and force it took me get up from my very comfortable bed! I slept really late because I chose to watch a cute Korean drama series, My Fair Lady. That said, it amazes me how I'm also looking forward to going on duty! IT'S AN IMPROVEMENT, I tell you! Where before, I'd wish I wouldn't have to leave for work, now I kind of want to go to work! The feeling of fulfillment despite the long hours of work still overrules.
Two days ago, my patient who is to be discharged on my day off (of all days), held my hand and gave me the sweetest, most genuine smile! It really warmed my heart!!! :) I know chances are slim that we will see each other anytime soon but the world is too small for two people not to meet again! She told me I was the only nurse who took the time to talk to her despite my patients' load. Why, that's a nice thing to hear! :)
So on days that I wish I were just home instead of at work, I think of the times that I won't be hearing my patients' laughter, funny stories, and warm gestures that I'll let by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment