Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hundredth-second: Second time's a charm

I'm with my family for a short five-day visit in HK. It is what we just all needed-- fun, tours, food. We arrived at past 12 in the midnight and had the most nauseous ride (well, apparently for me) to our hostel. We are a group of two, us being the first ones to arrive. I had the daunting task, and an equally huge responsibility, of making our itinerary--  airport transportation, stay, tours, money matters, food, etc. Everyone relied on me so there was only a little room for error, but we all know being in a foreign place, albeit the second time around, is 100% experimentation. Our day of arrival was pretty much different from my first time. We asked for helped from an old man who was darling enough to go out of his way to take us to where we were booked at. I had to asked more than ten people inside the bus, but they all spoke nada Ingles. You could say that he was a blessing even with little knowledge of English. The phrase "Action speaks louder than words" is in great application, if you know what I mean.:p
So much for being hardheaded, I only brought one coat with me.The other sweater I've had with me was still of light material against the very cold weather HK has as of the moment. It was 16-18 deg. C cold! Our plan of going to the beach or taking my nephew to a child-friendly pool, because HK has a total of 32 public swimming pools, had to be cancelled. Even my father who rarely feels cold doesn't stand a chance.
Good morning, indeed!!Having breakfast at this quaint and quiet diner near our hostel.
One Pekind Duck coming right up
A not-yet-busy-day in Mong Kok
Where to?


No comments:

Post a Comment