Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ninety-ninth: KONY 2012



This short film that aims to raise awareness on the true and current situation of our world today has moved and left me in tears. While I live my life in peace and happiness, there are thousands of Ugandan children living in fear and injustice. While I have finished acquiring my college degree, there are thousands of Ugandan children who are forced instead to learn the perils of holding a gun. Had I been in Jacobs's situation and waking up everyday knowing I've lost my dear brother because of the brutality of another person and wishing nothing else but to die, I would've already lost my sanity. It is such a horrible, ugly situation to be in.
I would like to be a part of this very important campaign. And while I am not as active and as hands-on as those youth and people seen in this video, I would like to contribute by sharing this video to the global community. It may not do much but it certainly accounts for something.
The arrest of Kony means a stop to cruelty and its domain (including but not limited to sex slave, mutilation, and murder). His arrest means the people in the world we live do not tolerate any form of barbarity or inhumane treatment and we stand up and take action against it. We do not just shrug our shoulders nor play blind or mute to the cries and woes of those gravely affected; so that in the next five to ten years any likes of Kony will seem to be a less likely imminence.

No comments:

Post a Comment