Friday, March 2, 2012

Ninety-eight: Unwritten

Little things get me-- most especially when I'm awake in the wee hours of the morning then I stare into blank space, and think of things seemingly unfit. 
  • Driving home after a having a hearty meal with my coworkers, I couldn't help but gush and thank the Lord for all the blessings coming my way. I may earn so little from my work but the satisfaction and self-growth I get back in return is priceless. 
  • I got to listen to some of my favorite songs over a four-hour lazy stretch during the shift. I sang more than a few lines from each and every song played. Who knew my knowledge in most of the songs' lyrics were right all along? I didn't doubt myself for a minute there, simply because I was so engrossed I actually didn't care.
  • I continually accept, after many series of similar events, that I don't mind being alone or not having someone to talk to. They say no man is an island and I concur that. But there are days when being alone and getting lost in my thoughts is the wisest idea. It's good not having to please anybody.
  • I begin to wonder how some people can be increasingly inconsiderate of others' mistakes. How can someone be so quick to judge? Unless you've walked a few miles in another person's shoes, I don't think we  understand the entirety of a person's action/attitude. So what if she doesn't always wear a smile, that doesn't make her a snob. So what if she doesn't join in our group conversation, that doesn't give you the right to shun her in future gatherings. Seriously, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? Can't we all just get by?
  • My sisters, whom I am with 24/7, is a light after that long tunnel of uncertainties. I can never go a day without thinking of them. My inner desire is that all the little things they secretly ask for be granted.
Thank you, dear Lord, for being my constant ally. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment