Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hi, Christian!

Last night, I cried because I know one of my good friends would be leaving; exactly when, we could not tell. Good byes are the worst because you would give anything to make a person stay, but ultimately, the decision is still theirs.
Today, as I type, I just shed a few tears. I tried very hard to stop myself from sobbing as my nephew was around and I've tried very hard to put him back to sleep. I looked at my nephew and smiled because he has been a very great blessing to the family. He is the joy that makes his grandparents forget about their worries. He makes them feel like a hundred years younger. He is the apple of my eye. And seeing this video, I know I should click that tiny share button, which works wonders. These mother and son are nothing short of true inspiration of genuine love and unfaltering faith. I put her high above a pedestal line, so hard to reach, simply because she deserved the spot. And no one, in his right mind, should dare question why. Having a baby is a feat in itself, and raising one would have been an everyday struggle-- to keep your sanity in the midst of household chaos. And to be given a baby with defects (I shrug at the word because I know how it taints a child's life, but please know I use this for the lack of a more appropriate term) is right there on the top. He is a beautiful baby, blessed with a beautiful mother. I could not imagine being even half as good as to how she raises Christian. She is stronger beyond words.
To all those sick people, whose words hurt like thorns, please just don't say anything. Keep those cruel and rude remarks to yourself. The world would do just fine without you. You don't spend even a single cent to help this baby, so you have absolutely no right to criticize. Her fighting spirit to raise Christian, despite people telling her to just abort him, is the very example our society needs.
Lord, I stand in awe because You have, once again, allowed us to witness such a beautiful scene in the lives of two wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment