Wednesday, May 2, 2012

No Can Do

So sue me for crying out loud.
What makes some people think they could actually boss me around like they're paying me thousands of pesos? When you're feeling cold, which I couldn't tell, and you want the blanket up your legs, a please would do. When you want some ice chips on your lips because you feel they're a little dry, some more please wouldn't hurt. When you're sick and you feel completely helpless, please don't also drain your good manners down the drain. It pisses me the most when some people think they own me, like they've branded me as theirs. I was there to work and earn my keep. I have a sense of pride and dignity that no person can ever take away from me-- not even one who lies on his deathbed.
I continually remind myself, time and again, to keep my calm and carry on despite the different treatment people around me may give me. I have been trying to bend my rules, hoping that I could kill a person with kindness. I have been shrugging my shoulders pretending I didn't hear a single curse coming from a rude person's mouth. I have been trying to numb myself and instead think of how far ahead I am from that of a non-ambulatory person. But to  hold on for so very long is slowly creeping in on me. How much more am I willing to go through? How much longer?
This person I've had the bitter chance of knowing is rude beyond words. His parent is even ruder. Truly, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 
**A watcher is there to assist an ill patient. You are not there to just sleep. A hospital isn't a hotel, for goodness' sake. Had I known you didn't want to be awaken, I could have just left the papers and pray you'll go through great lengths of inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment