Saturday, November 10, 2012

Everyday, the moment I wake up, I say out a prayer and a reminder to myself to be good, say good, do good. I have been constantly trying to better myself. I think you could say that I'm old enough to know what's right and wrong. It doesn't take a very smart woman to figure that out.
I meet different kinds of people at work. The valuable lessons they teach me is immensely rich and helpful. What I learn from them I always try to apply to my personal and social well-being. Always trying being the keywords. A dear coworker (and I didn't even see him a friend back then) told me yesterday, I don't measure people by his intelligence or material wealth. There's really more to all those. And he could have never said anything wiser than that. It matters to me too that he told me something confidential, saying I know you can keep a secret. Words like these mean a lot to me, it's as if I need a validation that I've been a good person, after all.
I've been working on things lately. And anytime you feel like I'm breaking up, please feel free to reprimand me. :)
1. No lying
Sometimes, it comes off very easily to all of us to say a little white lie here and there, or when the situation warrants. We tell reasons from another to excuse ourselves that we are indeed just telling the truth. I do that, too. But I've come to realized how there is so much truth in the saying honesty is the best policy. I try so hard to say the truth as it is; no lies concealed. So the next time someone asks me something, I say it like black and white are the only options, no gray areas included.
2. Not to speak badly/negatively of others
This one is so hard, trust me. I feel bad every time I find myself doing it. My conscience doesn't let me have a good night's sleep. :/ I know we all do it, intentionally or not. There comes a point when we feel it's obligatory to warn others of a person's ill nature. We think that's alright, I had to alert/caution him. But it's wrong. We can never justify saying something bad against a person, no matter our reasons. I'm trying to master the art of shutting my mouth when I don't have anything nice to say. If they think you dress sloppily, you will never hear it from me.
We all have to work ourselves into being the best person we can possibly be. My days are numbered and my skin is aging, I wouldn't want to wait for another time to do it. So help me God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment