Wednesday, November 21, 2012

From my little nook...

Small things that I am grateful for:
1. 15 hours of undisturbed sleep
 - I had a very tiring schedule. After six days of work, I finally had a rest day. I went home around 4 in the afternoon yesterday and went straight to bed after washing my body. I didn't even have my dinner. I woke up at 10:30 in the morning today. I would've slept more, but decided I had more than enough. :) Sleep is essential. It is a luxury not everyone can have.
2. songs that make you smile
 - When I listen to Lady Gaga's Pokerface, I am reminded of that very fun night in college. I was on a duty, along with my classmates. We were all sleepy. We played this song and made impromptu dance steps to go with it. We were laughing so hard! Looking back, that song was indeed one of the soundtracks of our lives. I would give anything to have that night back.
3. text messages from my mother
 - It is a known fact that I lived away from my parents for the last seven years. Although they try to fly here as regularly as they can, seeing them everyday is so much different. I would love to feel the warmth of my mother's touch when I'm sick. I would love to hear her nag when I'm being extra pushy. I would love to have her around when I go home from work/school. So text messages from her are always highly regarded. :)
4. biblical quotes
- This is one of my favorite quotes from The Bible: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
It says it all. God is good all the time. He will provide for all our necessities. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Great reflections Tin! Small and simple things in life are indispensable. Just like a quote that says, "The simplest things in life are often the truest." :)

    ReplyDelete