Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I've heard and seen series of unfortunate incidents, not of mine personally but to several people I am close to or acquainted with, tonight and the past week. When I heard these gruesome stories, I told to myself, 'I may consider not giving birth if this is the kind of world my child will live in.' Seriously, the world has gone mad! Who would shoot someone in broad daylight? Whatever the reason, it is and will never be justifiable. That man was a father, a husband, a son, a brother, and a friend to so many. He had a dream. He had a family. He was young and innocent. He was just out to go to work. Why? :(
There is also that lonely face of hopelessness that persists to come out when times  are tough and our strength is sapped. When you see a dear friend lying semi-conscious in a hospital bed fighting to survive another day, the feeling of despair rubs off on you. I felt that more so tonight. I know I had no right to question and the best that I could do was to hold back those tears and smile my most genuine smile.
The odds are not in our favor, but pretty soon, the wind shall change its course. Today she's down here, tomorrow she will be up there. Lord, I know You. You never fail those who come to You for help. :)

2 comments: