Thursday, March 4, 2021

How Lovely Is Your Dwelling Place

"How Lovely Is Your Dwelling Place O Lord Mighty God," no words are ever truer than these. When my mother was very sick and laid on her deathbed, I would constantly play this song to her. It was a really comforting moment for all of us. I told her if her parents are waiting for her at the end of the tunnel, then it's the most beautiful time to go and follow the light. It will be so hard for us to see her go and the grief will always stay but I would like to see her free from pain and all suffering. On her last few days, she was out of consciousness, barely responding to any stimuli. Out of nowhere, I felt her tight grip and I saw tears from the corner of her eyes. It was the most powerful thing I've ever experienced. I was moved to tears. I felt God's infinite love and mercy. I felt it through my mother's effort to convey her love. She passed away peacefully in her sleep. It was the way I'd imagine her to go, quiet and devoid of drama. 

Almost two years since her death, I believe she is with the Lord. I take comfort that my mother, although a sinner, tried very hard to become an apostle of Christ. She was a faithful follower. I may not see or feel her anymore but I hold her so close to my heart. She will always be my life's missing puzzle.   

I would forsake a thousand

Other days anywhere

If I could spend one day in Your courts

Belong to You alone

My strength are You alone

My glory, my King and my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment