Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fifteenth: Title-less

I just watched this movie last night with my sisters and a good friend. We basically shared the same thoughts on RAPE. I would personally feel violated, used, maltreated and more if I had been raped, more so with GANG-RAPED. I would never know what to do if I will be faced with this situation. I would definitely plead until I bleed just so they will spare me. If I cry loud enough, someone would probably hear me. If I run fast, not stopping for a second to catch my breath, maybe I would lose them. If I pray harder, would I still be spared?

Many women from different nations from across the world had been raped; some chose to live in silence, others had their plight voiced out. There were a number of instances that these women bore a child; quite a number chose to have it aborted, others chose to keep it. I would never know what to do exactly. I could never even question their decisions. I think I would have the baby aborted-- I never wanted it in the first place. It would be a bitter and unwanted remembrance of a tragic past. I would never want to place the child in a room of too much agonizing resentment. I would also like people to know, not to be looked down on or pitied upon, but for the vicious cycle to stop. When women opt to remain silent, this would only make the rapist/s victorious. Every woman in this predicament deserves a justice served swift. It is in this trying time that a woman's strength and resilience are tested.

And for all perverted men, there is NO NEED to prove or validate your inadequate and incompetent existence by pushing yourself into a woman's. We already know that. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. Do away from being blinded with temporary and bodily pleasure.

For every woman who has been a victim of rape, I feel you and there is absolutely NO reason to feel shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment