Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tenth: A letter to my best friend

Midnight comes and I say a happy happy birthday to one of my best friends, Anne Grace.

I call her Labs, and that's what she'll always be. We go a long way and it wasn't always a smooth ride. But for most things, Anne is a great friend. Period. No gray areas. When we were in our freshman year, she would always call me to sit beside her. I hardly talked to anyone, seeing as I just transferred to a new section, but she made things a little comfortable for me. That's just ONE of the MANY things Anne has done for me.

Fast forward to our sophomore year, we were already starting to be comfortable with each other. We were seatmates for most of our classes. I remember her coming very early for our major class and she'd shout my name for coming a little later. We studied together and threw questions at each other. I cannot really remember how we became very close, but it was that fateful day when she cried and came to me for help and comfort. That was the start. It broke my heart that some people would actually want to hurt her. (Closed book)

From then and now, we were inseparable. We eyed for the same guy and started scribbling his name on a number of the blank pages in our notes. We used to eat together. If she decides to skip our fifteen-minute break, I'd do the same thing (vice versa). We also shared the same ideas on most issues. We text nonstop. We were giddy when we knew we're going to be dutymates. I could go on, but I'd stop here. 

We've also had our fair share of misunderstandings, as most friends do. Little did I know that the lack of time for each other and inconstancy would take a toll on our friendship. I've unintentionally and unknowingly hurt her several times with my actions. I make amends and try not to do the same things again. Whenever disagreement happens, I hold on to the faith in our friendship that it shall also pass. What we have and had and how we are and were can NEVER EVER be defined and equated with some mere tiffs. 

As she turns a year younger today, I would just like to tell her that I am very thankful to have her in my life. She is a lifesaver, a sunshine and a blessing. Let it be known that she is loved and liked by many-- her family, friends, and acquaintances among others. She deserves every good things that are coming her way. 

So bask under the sun, frolic in the sand, eat a hearty meal, laugh a good resounding laugh, belt a few tunes, and be merry for you RIGHTFULLY deserve all these! Happy happy birthday and I love you so much! <3
Fog + heavy rain
“Good friends are like stars.... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there”
Anne was able to capture 'discreetly' a number of shots of cute men! Always a highlight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment