Monday, February 28, 2011

Nineteenth: Ten years and counting...

I love how I can always open up to my best friend of ten years. We were in our first year in high school then. Even before we reached high school, we were also good friends in elementary. We used to eat lunch together and spend after-school hours eating green mangoes dipped in salt and fish paste. We talked about a lot of things-- exams, teachers we favor, etc. We never really talked about the future, that being vague and far. Future meant tomorrow and where we were going to have our lunch.

Our friendship, for the last six years, is virtual-based, except for the times that I get to go home to our hometown during summer and holidays. We try to catch up with each other on days that we're both free. We still talk about a lot of things, mostly the funny ones that we end up crying because our tummies ache and our jaws are hurting. So you see, it is stronger than ever.

My best friend, Sandra Mae (or MY BB), is a witty, downright funny, and humble person. She's wise beyond her years. She always has a smart proposition for most situations. She loves my family like her own. She cares for every person she knows, even those that intentionally hurt her. Most of my friends can go against me, but I know she never will. EVER. And this is just the kind of friend I need. 

Now that we're all grown up, we talk about the future. Future still means tomorrow, but with a serious tone. I would love to, one day, travel with her. Just the two of us, lost in the suburb of an unfamiliar town, trying to find our way. We'll take pleasure in a culture so unique we'd never want to leave. And as I celebrate another year of friendship with one of the selfless women I know, I wish her happiness and success, because truly, she just deserves all these. So internet, next time you want to screw the only time we chat in a period so long, please let it be some other time.

I love you, BB! Here's to favors I ask from you that you unselfishly do and to MORE fun times for friendship's sake! <3

P.S. As I write, we're eating virtual cake! Bet you wish you had this sweet of a friend! :"> 
Our MUST have: Myrna's cake & pastries.
The other man in her life, Jeffrey.  Look at that glow in her face! :">
Hello, best bud!! Remember this day? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment