Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ninth: Spare time

My last post was a hurried one. I felt I had to share shots that boast the beauty of the clouds. That was five days ago. I've never really had the time to write because my schedule doesn't permit me to do so. I've been trying to sleep early in the hopes of not falling asleep in the middle of our long nursing-and-patient-related discussions.

Today, I have all the time to write, browse the web, send e-mails, and the like. This doesn't happen all the time, so I'm putting to good use my non-working days.

What has happened:
So, yes, it was the Heart's Day last Monday. Every couple I know were gushing and happily talking about their plans for the evening. Every people on the street were either hopping from one place to the other with huge bouquet (others had a single long-stemmed rose) in tow or bearing irritated faces because the traffic was heavy.
I always have dinner with my sisters and nephew during this time of the year. My sister's boyfriend, along with his friends, serenaded her with Bruno Mar's Just The Way You Are (if my memory serves me right). Our balcony was lit by a single fluorescent bulb so it was a very conducive place for a mushy surprise, with candles from the cake also doing the trick. I think it was a sweet gesture. I know one doesn't need a special occasion to do this but just this one time, let's not be cynical.

I also had my much-anticipated dinner with my college friends. We met right after work. I'm thankful most of the girls came in early. I was forced to still not call it a night by 9 PM. They had other plan and I was part of it. To cut the story short, I went home past midnight. It's late for someone who still has to wake up early for work the next day. I didn't regret any of it because we hardly see each other. :)

All other days this week and the last were all about going to the hospital early and then going home beyond the time we were supposed to. Yes, I complain and rant because it takes a great effort to drag myself out of the bed BUT I realized it's an even greater effort for the lecturers. All we did were sat and listened, while they did all the talking and standing. I take all my complaints back.

No comments:

Post a Comment