Tuesday, February 23, 2021

A Cold Sunny Afternoon

Sunday turned out to be the sunniest day of last week. We've been planning to spend it walking and discovering another nearby commercial area in Montreal. Rue Sherbrooke is a thirty-minute walk from our house and is considered the second longest street in the city. The long stretch of street was filled with various architecture, shops, art galleries, museums, cafes, hotels, etc. We could spend a full three days here and I am certain we still wouldn't be able to see it all. We walked from 1:30 PM to a little over 5 PM. We made over twenty thousand steps. I was dead tired by the time we arrived home and I never made it after 8 PM. My entire legs were very numb and tired, I had to ask Jan to apply Salonpas, a pain reliever patch. Would I do it again? Absolutely! Jan and I will always remain to be huge fans of long walks especially when the weather is pleasant. 

Can you spot the car?
ice popsicles as "double kill"
really grateful for the sun <3
It was still cold at -9C and temperature dropped after 4 PM, so gloves were necessary
Westmount Seventh-day Adventist church
this white adorable house stood out from the crowd
Jan and I went into several shops to browse and Quincaillerie Hogg in Westmount left us speechless. It had everything you would want inside your house. J'adore! <3
a gravy boat that's so cute you can use it as your pen holder or just display it by the kitchen shelf--makes for a nice conversation starter
Jan wanted to buy this book but I stopped him, asking him several times if he's really going to have the time to finish it what with his already busy schedule juggling school and work. He left with a heavy heart </3
Jan: If zombies were around they'd surely catch up on us because you're easily distracted and wouldn't care if they were after us
Me: Jan, let me just finish my snowball.
Bonjour from Mr and Mrs Ong!
always looking at the sunny side of life <3
It's still Christmas in February
straight out of a fairytale book-- a big beautiful castle hidden in the thick woods
Can you find the hidden cone?

No comments:

Post a Comment