Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Too Close to My Heart

Seeing these photos reminds me of the very reason why I married my husband. I'd say it's genuine love, so cliché but nonetheless true. I rushed our wedding because I wanted Mama, who was diagnosed with terminal illness, to walk me down the aisle, and Jan accommodated my wish without any reservations. Today, I look back with fondness and smile at the memories we've made so far as husband and wife. Marriage is never an easy journey, but I'll surely stay for the long ride with all its bumps and sharp turns.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

No comments:

Post a Comment