Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentine's Day

How are you all doing? It's Valentine's today! Is everyone feeling all lovey-dovey? Do you smell love in the air? Hahaha :p

As for my husband and I, we stayed home because there's really nowhere to go as all restaurants were closed for dine in and we wouldn't want to be freezing burritos outside. Jan made a sumptuous lunch of seafood and steak. It was simple but heartfelt. Jan's love language has always been acts of service. He'd be the first to wake up to make me coffee or cook our meals for either brunch or late lunch. He's always big on food and today was no different. 

our Valentine lunch prepared by my dear husband <3 perfect balance of protein, carbs, and salad
Jan tried to recreate this squid dish we had in one of our favorite Portuguese restaurants, and although it isn't quite as tasty as the one we've had, I'll still give this a 10 for effort, taste, and presentation :) 
I couldn't tell you I finished 3/4 of the entire lobster, I had to remind myself I am sharing this with Jan :p
rice because we're so Asians like that :p
After our delicious lunch, we decided to go on a walk so we can burn some calories. Better little than nothing, guys! We stopped for some cake, macaroons, and drinks. It's a perfect way to spend Valentine's. 

always braving the minus zero temperature
I swear this pastry shop named Duc de Lorraine makes delicious cake and pastries, but I hate to say it's slightly overpriced :/ But hey, the presentation is cute!
the inside is even more appetizing <3 introducing Paris-Brest, praline cream sandwiched with crunchy croissant. Our verdict 4.5/5, best enjoyed with hot cup of coffee :)

I wish everyone a happy and productive week ahead. Stay safe and take care! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment