Friday, February 26, 2021

Smile, It's Free :)

Earlier this morning, on a stoplight, I caught myself staring at a bus 100% Ã©lectriques. It amazed me how the city is slowly adapting to a technology that reduces greenhouse-gas emissions (hello, air pollution). It may come at a very steep price for the city, but if it means being more environmentally friendly and sustainable, then that is something worth looking into and investing. Surely, the well-being of every tax-paying citizen must be the utmost priority of the government. However,  this post isn't about the technicalities of such. Before our light turned green, I saw the bus driver smiling at me, a smile so warm and wide it made my morning. I waved in exchange of his thoughtful gesture. My husband, although sitting on the passenger seat, missed all this. I told him how that gesture was appreciated. Some people say Canadians are generally friendlier that Americans, but I'd like to say that in this situation I just viewed it as two people trying to start their day with kindness. After all, it's always a good idea to start our day smiling. 

Bonjour from this sunny side of Quebec! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment