Monday, February 15, 2021

Can We Please Hold Our Tongues?

It doesn't take a genius to know we are supposed to bite off our tongues and keep any unlikely thoughts to ourselves. Although it may be very tempting to say our thoughts out loud especially when the issue piques our interests, it is even wiser to discern and know when and how to say them. What sets us apart from animals is the gift of intellect. If we could just take a moment to think our thoughts through. I know it's hard to remain silent when someone pushes our buttons, but if we speak out of anger or hurt, it's harder to make amends for all the harsh words said.

Growing up, my mother would always tell us before we leave the car for school, "Don't open your mouth if you don't have anything nice to say" Many times at school, I would get into trouble because I lacked self-restraint. I could easily get away with that because I was young and I didn't know better. But what other reason could I ever come up at this day and age? I should surely know better than to open my mouth and embarrass myself.

I pray God grant me the strength to refrain myself from engaging in things that are otherwise pleasing to His eyes. I pray that I may see the good in people and in every situation. With all these said, I'll leave you with a beautiful and extremely helpful read I found online: https://www.reviveourhearts.com/true-woman/blog/ten-times-its-wise-to-hold-your-tongue/




No comments:

Post a Comment