Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Happy Birthday :)

Today, January 13th, is the birthday of my little sister, Karen Joy. We fondly call her Kang. Growing up, we were very close. We used to play teacher-student or cashier-customer role plays. I would always give her a hard time because that's what kids do. Hihihi! During those times, I would never hear her complain or get into a fit. She was just the most patient among us. I remember we used to watch Monica Brava, an Argentine show translated into Tagalog. We would walk tiptoe to where the TV is, making sure we were extra quiet and careful because it's past our bedtime and television was not allowed on weekdays. We would sit beside each other and stifle giggles between ads. Life was happier because I had her. 

She was my mother's guardian and constant companion between doctor's visits and hospital admissions. I am eternally grateful for the time and effort she's given her when I couldn't be there myself. The passing of my mother made our relationship even stronger. Now, we are thousands of miles apart but I still constantly talk to her and exchange silly banters. I couldn't imagine life without her. 

Happy birthday to a dear sister and friend. I celebrate your life and the kindness you've shown me through these years. Your genuine love and selflessness definitely set you apart. I keep you so close to my heart. Thank you for all that you do for the family. Happy birthday and I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment