Friday, January 22, 2021

What Songs do You Listen to?

Every morning at work or at home, I make sure to listen to songs I like. Music always has a way to make us feel a lot better. It makes work and our everyday mundane tasks bearable. The song's lyrics just get us and speak the word we wish to communicate. When I was mourning and then dealing with the grief that followed the death of my mother, I turned to prayers and music to alleviate my sadness. I always tried to keep the feelings at bay but when I hear songs that remind me of my days with my mother, I break down and cry. I cry for the many occasions and milestones that I will never be able to celebrate with her. So, I listen again to feel-good songs and then I laugh and look back with so much gratitude for the time I've had with her.

Here are the top 6 songs on my Spotify playlist that I find myself constantly listening to:

1. Come See About Me- The Supremes


2. You've Got A Friend- Jessie Mueller, Jarrod Spector, Anika Larsen


3. Rainy Days & Mondays- Carpenters

4. The Man- Taylor Swift

5. Heartline- Craig David

6. Laughter in the Rain- Neil Sedaka

I listen to just about any genre but I tend to always lean towards the 70's and 80's. I also love country music especially on a rainy day. I wish you folks a beautiful day ahead from cold and freezing Montreal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment