Thursday, January 21, 2021

What Do I Daydream About?

On most days, I find myself staring afar and lost in my thoughts. I daydream just about anything. I take a moment's silence and welcome the quiet refuge in stillness. So, what are my daydreams about?
    > I imagine having won 10, 20, or 60 million in the lottery. How would I manage the earnings? Of course, the first thing would be giving back to charity or any cause close to my heart (cancer research, improving the lives of impoverished children throughout the Philippines and Africa, nature conservation, etc). Then, I'd share it with my family and relatives. I cannot save everyone from poverty, but I can help those I can reach out to.
    > Sitting on the grass with the cool wind blowing and my mother beside me make for a beautiful portrait. :) I always imagine this and how lovely it would be to be able to spend time with her again. I would never run out of stories to tell her. What I would give to hear her voice and touch her hands again!
    > I dream of owning an acre or two of land that sits on an edge overlooking the oceans and the mountains looming behind us. I would build a cottage house and fill my front lawn with plants and various fruit-bearing trees. There will be an artificial grotto that will house shrines of Mama Mary, Jesus, and saints. I will host family gatherings every now and then and the whole place will ring of loud hearty laughter. 
    > I think about going on a month-long trip to Italy or Spain. I'd like to explore more of their culture. From there, I'd meet up with my husband and then embark on another journey to a place he's been meaning to visit without regard for money or time. I aim to please my husband, making sure he's happy (by feeding him good food :p).
I could go on and on but I will spare you the misery of reading a lengthy post. I am also writing on a fifteen-minute short break. Until then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment