Monday, January 18, 2021

It's Just a Bad Day, Not a Bad Life

My day started off on the wrong foot. Firstly, I was running on a four-hour sleep because of poor choices last night (a.k.a. Netflix). Then, I had to help shovel and wipe clean the car from last weekend's snow all in -13C temperature. It was freezing! Midway through our drive, I realized I forgot my coffee tumbler at home. GREAT! Just when I was about to start my work, all things that could possibly go wrong happened. I was way behind schedule and I couldn't seem to snap out of my awful mood. Smiling didn't seem to be an option. I was just so upset from the time I woke up until about 9 AM. I had to shake off the mood lest it will be a frustrating start of the week for me. So, I kept telling myself, "Relax, breathe in, breathe out... It's just a bad day, not a bad life." I had to tell it several times over until I started to feel my shoulders relax and some tension loosen. I took a short pause from work and said a little prayer for strength, patience, and grace under pressure. Gah, why does Monday have to be so far from Friday? :( 

It's so easy to feel frustrated and defeated when things go our way. Negativity seems to have a vacuum so strong it could suck us inside and we aren't even aware until we're so far in. I always have to remind myself that I am entitled to a quick break just so I could get some air and clear my mind. I put a premium on my mental health that's why I try very hard to keep my shit together. 

I wish everyone well as we try to ride along the waves of life, one week at a time. Bonne chance, or good luck! We are tougher than we think, and we have a God who doesn't forsake. Who/What could be against us? :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment