Monday, January 11, 2021

Trust Issues

What do you do if someone you love violates your trust? 

I stop and ponder. If someone I love violates my trust, I will feel betrayed. I will have constant self-doubt and fear that it will be an unending cycle of betrayal. 

Trusting someone takes time. I tend to put up a wall to make sure I don’t get hurt. Sometimes, the closest to me penetrates that wall. I learn to let go of my doubts and I believe in the inherent goodness of the person. When the inevitable happens, I get hurt. I wonder, “What did I ever do to deserve this? Had I been so foolish to put my guard down?”

Let us always try to protect the trust others give us, especially of our loved ones. Let’s not go around breaking that trust and then expect to be forgiven so easily. Our blatant disregard for the feelings of others should be looked upon and reflected on. Let’s always think of the repercussions of our words and actions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment